Monday, May 22, 2006

BENNY HINN

"I PLACE A CURSE ON EVERY MAN AND EVERY WOMAN THAT WILL STRETCH HIS HAND AGAINST THIS ANOINTING!

I CURSE THAT MAN WHO DARES TO SPEAK A WORD AGAINST THIS MINISTRY"
QUOTE FROM BENNY HINN 1999


The most dangerous and deceptive claims of false teachers today are based upon their insistence that all they say and do is mandated by God who supposedly communicates His will to them by direct revelation apart from and in addition to the Bible. They attempt to justify even some of their most bizarre words and deeds by false claims such as, "God told me to do it" or, "God revealed this new teaching to me." All such claims are spurious, unscriptural and obviously used in an effort to validate their supposed unique leadership. Saying "God told me..." also seeks to silence any who would expose the hypocrisy and duplicity that inevitably accompanies supposedly extra-biblical revelation. What many people do not realize is that so many of the supposed divine revelations and prophecies given to Charismatic leaders have subsequently proved to be absolutely false. Do not make the mistake of listening to and believing any person who claims a message from God apart from the Bible. We must test everything by the Bible. Men and their words bring disappointment. God's Word never fails.

Near the end of His earthly ministry, Jesus Christ Himself warned about false prophets and false christs who would deceive many by claiming to perform great miracles, signs and wonders in His name. This raises the question about Benny Hinn and others who are able to show "great signs and wonders" and who claim to do many wonderful works in Christ's name. Does the exercise of supernatural power automatically authenticate the ministry of such a person? Of course not! Here again we have the testimony of Jesus Christ Himself who said:

"Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied IN THY NAME? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity" (Matthew 7:21-23).

Isaiah 8:20: "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

Once again, it is essential to heed the warnings given in the Word of God concerning such persons and their false teachings: "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not"; "for when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error" (2 Pet. 2:13; 2:18).

Hinn has been known to "throw" the Holy Spirit to his audience as if the Spirit were a softball! It has even been reported that one woman died as a result of someone falling on top of her after being "slain" by Hinn (Charisma, Jan. 1988, p. 54).

Hinn explained: "I no longer agree that Jesus was born again in Hell. That I did teach. I no longer agree that He went down to the underworld under the control of Satan, which at one time I did teach." Now, when he teaches the spiritual death of Christ, he only means "Jesus was separated from the Father." He said he's dropping this teaching altogether for at least a year, to give himself time to study it further. He then started teaching it again.

After this, Hinn wrote another book titled: The Anointing in which he records additional information concerning his own recent ministry. Hinn states:
As I've said, my ministry took quantum leaps forward in 1990 when the Lord told me to begin monthly miracle crusades around the country, in addition to the regular pastoral ministry at the Orlando Christian Center. There have been many extraordinary events. One that seems to happen in every crusade, usually in the teaching meetings on the morning of the second day is the directive from the Lord to have the people get quiet, with eyes closed and hands raised. The Lord will tell me, "Say' now' and I will touch them." That's all He tells me to do: "Say' now."' It's amazing! I do it, and right away there will be gasps and even screams as the power falls. I open my eyes and invariably two-thirds of the ten thousand or more present collapse onto the floor. Healings of all kinds occur and God makes Himself powerfully known (pp. 86-87).
No wonder Hinn's following is rapidly growing, but the question remains: "Is he empowered by the Holy Spirit or by a false spirit?"

Furthermore, Hinn and other Charismatic leaders who capitalize on this supposed gift of knowledge admit that their "words of knowledge" and their "prophecies" are not 100 percent accurate. Here is Benny Hinn's own amazing admission given on TBN February 23, 1992: "Man, I remember when God would give me words of knowledge back when I began in this ministry, but I missed nine out of ten. Of course, nobody knew it except me." Then Hinn tried to explain this strange inconsistency by saying, "Saints, the Holy Ghost is using an imperfect vessel. Are you listening? We are not infallible. When you give a prophecy, sometimes you can be way off. You have to be open enough to say, 'I blew it."'
Knowing that some would question his false concept in light of the fact that God's faithful Old Testament prophets and New Testament apostles had no such failure record, Hinn actually accused Paul, Moses and Elijah of such shortcomings. Hinn said, "Men of God blew it all the time. Paul blew it; Moses blew it; Elijah blew it; even Elisha blew it. They all blew it. Maybe not the prophecies, but they all blew it in all kinds of things." Hinn then went on to point out personal failures in the lives of these men, but, by his own admission, the words these men of God spoke were not their own-they were the words of the Living God; their prophecies and words of knowledge were always 100 percent accurate.
Hinn continued his twisted, confusing conclusions and unscriptural defense of his own prophetic "word of knowledge" inconsistencies:
We all blow it, and if you don't, you're not human ... The man who does not know how to say, "I blew it"-you can't trust him. Did you hear that? So, you see, when the gift begins, it begins rough; but then as you keep going with it, you get better and better and cleaner and purer with it. So today, with the word of knowledge (I'm just being open with you) I rarely miss anymore because I recognize how to operate in it.

Hinn said,
All of us make mistakes. All of us are bound to err. But woe to the man and woe to the station and woe to the group that will expose the nakedness of the man of God to the world. You know, I'll tell you something. I'm not supposed to, but the Holy Ghost is upon me, and I think I need to. The day is coming when those that attack us will drop dead. You say, "What did you say?" I speak this under the anointing of the Spirit. Can I tell you something? Don't touch God's servants; it's deadly. God says, "Touch not My anointed." I'm not afraid to tell you what I think. I owe nothing to no man and don't you dare touch Morris Cerullo; don't touch Rex Humbard; don't touch Billy Graham; don't touch Larry Lea; don't touch Oral Roberts or Richard Roberts; don't touch them. Pray for them. Pray, pray, pray! I speak this under the anointing. Woe to you that touch God's servants. You are going to pay, and the day will come (the Lord said this to me) when I will punish instantly those who touch My chosen. They will fear us. Hear this! Today they mock us; tomorrow they will fear us. When you deal with the supernatural as I do, God allows your eyes to see things that most of you don't see and maybe that you should not see.

To a Charismatic audience in Vancouver, British Columbia, Hinn said, "I want to make a shocking statement-you are gods ... Are you a child of God? What does that make you? Ye are gods." This was, indeed, a shocking assertion but not a true one. Hinn attempted to prove his claim by twisting and misapplying Psalm 82. This is the same heresy taught by Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and others.

Hinn said,
In Cincinnati, the Lord spoke to me-and He just said the words again. He told me, "I am going to anoint the people tonight to receive power over demons" ... Before you leave this stadium tonight, every person here will receive a fresh flowing of God's power on your life, and you are going to see demons bow when you say, "in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth." It has never happened before, but in a few minutes from now, every person here or at home is going to receive that anointing power over demons. Many people will be slain by the power of the Spirit by watching this tonight, and literally thousands upon thousands are going to receive power over Satan. We are going to bury the devil.


What other false claims and false teachings can be expected in the future? God's Word warns that "evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived" (2 Timothy 3:13).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hinn is a devil in disguise. You are definitely right to expose him. He is referred to as PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE on Life is hid.com. To protect the righteous the unrighteous are allowed to run loose in society. But there will always be wolves preying on the weak of discernment and the vulnerable. As fast as the grave receives one, another arises. Noel

jeff said...

is there actually any documented healings? I am not impressed with people falling down. I would be impressed if there are actual healings. Jesus healed the blind lame, the crippled instantly. is this happening at benny hinns crusades?