Saturday, January 27, 2007

JOHN ARNOTT


"What happens is, there's a transference of His anointing where, not only do you see it, not only do you experience it for yourself, but you're going to take it home to your people."
(John Arnott, Pastor of the Toronto Airport Fellowship, pastor's Meeting, October 19, 1994)

"Another thing that hinders (receiving the Holy Spirit or anointing) is people pray all the time."
(John Arnott, at Holy Trinity Brompton, England, February 14, 1995)

"Yes, Lord, we're going to go for it, we're gonna try to do our part to bring the kingdom of God here...and wouldn't it be wonderful if the Lord would start to move in power and restore the church to its proper place and make us the head and not the tail?"
(John Arnott, TACF, 10/19/94)

John Arnott and his wife gave approval to a woman's report of a divine message from Jesus that she should leave her husband because he was like a stone around her neck.
(A Memoir Of "The Vineyard" Cheryl Thomson, 1994)

Don't "even entertain the thought that (you) might get a counterfeit."
(John Arnott, TACF, 12/16/94, audiotape)

"Jesus said, 'Go pray for Sarah, your friend, I'm going to heal her.'" The crowd erupts with applause and then Arnott continues, "that girl, totally incapacitated, paralyzed and blind, after two and a half hours of soaking prayer, got up seeing." Sadly, Sarah Lilliman is still, as before, legally blind.
(John Arnott, "Valuing the Anointing", TACF, 10/15/94, audiotape)

Of the frightening manifestations in evidence in the Toronto "Blessing" John Arnott says the problem is that we have been conditioned to believe "that the Holy Spirit's a gentleman" who would never do anything "rough or impolite". That, says Arnott, is simply "not true!"
(John Arnott, Discovery Church, Orlando, FL, 1/29/95, audiotape)

"If you're going to be concerned about deception, then please be concerned about the greatest deception that there is, and the greatest deception of all, in my opinion, is not to fall for teachings of a false prophet ... in my opinion the greatest deception of all is to have a move of God come through and you not recognize it."
(John Arnott, "Catch The Fire," Midland and Wales, UK, 2/2/96, audiotape)

It's always revealing, the attitudes people have about critical thinking. A common problem with leadership today is their refusal to criticize or judge the false. This is a tragedy for we need that kind of leadership more now than ever! A prime example is John Hinckle's prophecy that on Thursday, June 9th, the Lord would rip all evil off the face of the earth. That "prophecy" was later spiritualized and revised to say that the "spiritual vail of darkness would be torn, allowing people to see the light!" The Kansas City Prophets and others allegedly had received "words from God" to the effect that for New Testament times, the standard for prophets was different than Deut 18. According to them, a "prophet" can be 40% inaccurate and still be considered valid! Unfortunately, thanks to people like John Wimber, their teachings have been widely accepted. You can see this lax view of prophetic standards in this Arnott observation! This quote may well have been said before June 9th. [Arnott] "People get funny when things like this happen...June 9th, there was a prophecy given by a reputable man,...that the Lord would tear open the vail, the shroud of darkness that is over the earth, that is blinding the earth, and as He tore the vail of the temple when Jesus arose, now He's going to tear open the heavens and allow the glory of God to come down...I really hope it comes true...I know that He's up to something...Don't get too excited about dates, sometimes prophetic people are right about the event, but wrong about the date."
(Toronto Leaders Speak for Themselves, Bob Hunter, 1997)

"We have had word after word about "get ready, cause you're just on the hors d'oeuvres right now," but, the power is coming. We've had a word that said, you know, "I'm just going easy on you now with this kind of stuff so you can kind of get used to me and acclimatize, because with the real power shows up I don't want you to be terrified!"
(John Arnott, Receiving the Spirit's Power)

"I finally start to ask Carol, "Honey, what do you feel?" (Carol), "Oh, it's just wonderful." (Arnott), 'Well, help me," you know, and so she says, "Now, just tune in," and so I'd be tuned in and I'm there, going like this,...and maybe I'd even start weaving a little bit, and I'm thinking "Lord, do I feel something on my hands or am I just making this up? Is there something here or am I so wanting this?"...And Carol would say, "No, no, I can feel Him going in, I can feel Him going in, Just keep focused!" You know and then...she'd say, "Oops, where did you go?" I'd say, "What do you mean?" She'd say, "I feel it coming back on me, where did you go?" And I would realize my mind had drifted off again someplace."
(John Arnott, Receiving the Spirit's Power)

"Don't react by even who's praying, I get so tired of people saying, "Be careful who's praying for you now, somebody might lay hands on you that's not really free, and you might get something you didn't bargain for" [crowd laughs]. Listen, you know what Jesus did? He'd walk right up to a leper and lay hands on him, He wasn't afraid of getting leprosy!" John Arnott also added: "Don't worry about who's praying for you, my goodness, there's not a perfect person praying for people on the face of the earth!"
(Toronto Leaders Speak for Themselves, Bob Hunter, 1997)

Arnott says about manifestation expectations: "People ask us all the time, "What do you feel?" and that's a valid question. At first, it's almost imperceptible, but you think your hands are feeling a little heavier, this is my experience, and as you love Him, and stay tuned to that and say, "Oh, Lord, more of your presence," and it gets heavier and they begin to tingle, kind of, sort of like electricity and it can flow all up and down your arms and all over your face and up and down your legs and when it really increases, it's like you're being electrocuted, almost." The Bible says, however" Jude 19-20 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. James 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
(Toronto Leaders Speak for Themselves, Bob Hunter, 1997)

"I spoke Sunday night on the topic A Second Wave is Coming. I gave a call for any who were under the fear of deception by critics, etc., and about 100 responded, repenting for allowing their child-like trust in God to be stolen."
(Letter, 2/26/97 from Christchurch, TACF, Road Warriors Archive)

I attended a "revival" meeting last night at Lake Boren Christian Center A/G near Renton, WA (near Seattle) where John Arnott was the featured speaker. At this meeting Arnott introduced a "new anointing" he calls the "Sword of the Lord." With this "anointing" comes a new boldness, a "new power". He also called it the "Warrior Anointing." It promises "to bring deliverance from your enemies." The visible effects of receiving this "anointing" include roaring, shouting and grasping the hands above the head, then swinging them up and down as if one was actually holding a sword and attacking an enemy. Arnott cautioned the crowd not to "take the sword if you have any secret sin because that sword may turn on you." After explaining all this, most of the 600+ people attending lined up to receive this new "anointing" from John Arnott as he grabbed upraised hands and said, "Receive the sword." With this "anointed" touch most of the people fell down and began moving their arms back and forth (as described earlier) while on the floor. Some stood and repeated this same movement. One man I observed actually hit a woman in the side with his "sword."
(John Arnott, Lake Boren Christian Center A/G, D.V.H. in an e-mail on 07/24/97 11:42 AM)

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

Hiya im fresh here. I came accross this website I find It truly helpful and it's helped me loads. I should be able to contribute & guide other people like its helped me.

Thanks a load, See You About.

Anonymous said...

All this is witchcraft it is a departure from the faith. If they were ever saved is questionable. It is sad and we need to rely on the written word alone.

David said...

Having been involved with the 'Toronto Blessing,' I now sincerely beleive it to be a powerful deception, and perhaps an event permited by God, to test the sincerity of those baptized with the Holy Spirit; will we defend and hold fast to God's Word alone, or we abandon Him, and follow a different gospel.
2 Thessaloians ch 2.

Tony said...

Well ive heard it all now, apparently this muppet thinks that there may not be any blood in heaven when he was "apparently" praying over a woman who had high whiote blood cells. DEAR BOY YOUR FORGETTING THERE IS BLOOD IN HEAVEN THE BLOOD OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR "JESUS CHRIST".

Anita Berglund said...

About 16+ years ago. I foolishly believed the Toronto Blessing movement was all "okay." God warned me from day one, but I guess I was meant to follow along for 2-3 years so I can be here to affirm that sadly, many well meaning believers have been and still are being lead down this path, including myself.
I use a wheelchair full time from a neuromuscular disorder (SMA #3) and had always been content, knowing that God created me just the way He meant to. But, when the special city wide meetings/conferences started back then, often I was told by strangers about how I was to walk, if I believed enough. One even told me God told them I had anger and once I went home and dealt with it, the next night - God would heal me.
Anyway, one weekend in our city in Northwestern Ontario this man and another member from the Toronto church came and they called people forward who needed healing. Well silly me, thought that maybe I was supposed to want that and I didn't want to "miss out" on what God had for me. That was the lingo back then. Deep down I knew that I wouldn't be prayed for because if I didn't get up and walk, I would make him look bad. So I waited and waited. Meanwhile everyone is lying in the floor, all prayed for. There was yelling, screaming, laughing, the drunk thing and body "convulsions," rocking and twitching. I sat there the whole time with my eyes closed, waiting but knowing...finally a "friend" came and asked if I had been prayed for? I said "no." She went and told John Arnott, he walked toward me, he did not stop and pray...as he walked he said "In the name of Jesus, get up and walk." He kept walking, no pausing. It most definitely felt like he wanted to not be seen praying for me. That is just how I felt. No, I didn't walk. Within a year or so, God helped me to stop participating in all "this stuff."
Many I care about are still in support of a lot of this kind of emotional warm fuzzy stuff. You were never encouraged to discern or ask questions, just receive...not once amidst chaos as described above, did anyone say, "there needs to be deliverance."
Just wanted to share because I had first hand experience with this person. We must pray for these people to wake up and especially for those who unquestioningly follow.
Don't get me wrong, I know if it is God's will, He definitely will heal people physically. Paul's thorn in his flesh was for God's purpose and worth the agony. May God help all believers have His discernment and know the Truth that sets us free.
Thanks for listening and thanks for your site. It isn't easy bringing up the names of others as believers. But there does come a time when we must warn others, incase they will heed the warning.
Have a great day!
Anita