Monday, September 17, 2007
To listen to this audio message, please click the blue button.
The United Pentecostal Churches deny that Jesus Christ is eternal and also state in their doctrinal statements the three distinct persons of the Trinity is one person just taking on different manifestations. This is unbiblical.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Let us suppose a certain doctor of medicine denies that a certain common infirmity is as severe as medical science generally claims. He conducts seminars in which he ignores the medical procedures followed by other physicians and suggests instead his own regimen for treating its symptoms. To those desiring a medicine for it he peddles a placebo he himself has concocted in the place of that which is prescribed by medical science. Many die as the consequence for following his recommendations.
How will his peers respond? They will accuse him of malpractice, denounce him as a charlatan and huckster, disbar him from their profession, and ascertain that he is punished to the full extent of the law.
Let us now suppose a certain minister of religion denies man's native sinful state is as severe as God's Word declares. He conducts preaching services in which he ignores looking to Christ alone for salvation and suggests instead his own regimen of works of righteousness. To those desiring a curative he sells a placebo known as "Another Gospel" some man has concocted in the place of the "Gospel of Christ". Everyone following his recommendations continues to be dead in trespasses and sins and eventually experiences the "second death".
How will his peers respond? Most of them will praise him because to condemn him would be to condemn themselves also. Even some who deny his freewillism and profess to believe instead in the gospel of free grace will commend his sincerity and acknowledge him as "our Arminian brother".
Not this preacher! I accuse him of rank heresy, denounce him as a religious charlatan and huckster and a false preacher lying against God, and disbar him from my spiritual fellowship. I furthermore assert that God never sent him and is against him, and will not use his ministry to the spiritual salvation of anyone, and will in the end condemn him to eternal punishment.
Let me identify clearly the sort of preacher I here denounce. I denounce the preacher who denies Christ's testimony that man is completely incapable and unwilling to come to Him for salvation (John 5:40; 6:44, 65), averring instead that salvation is in some way attributable to an act of man's "free will". I denounce the preacher who denies that "salvation is of Jehovah" from beginning to end and throughout (Jonah 3:9), averring instead that salvation is accomplished through a cooperative effort between God and man (synergism). I denounce the preacher who denies the divine testimony that salvation is by God's sovereign grace alone through God-given faith alone in God's Christ alone, and who avers instead that salvation is at least to some degree or in some way a result of man's works – whether of legalism, baptism, ad infinitum ad nauseam (Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:4-7).
Although many will denounce me for doing so, I am in good company. Paul the apostle calls upon God to anathematize false gospelers (Galatians 1:8f). Jesus the Christ speaks of them when He warns, "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. ... And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" (Matthew 7:15-23). And God Almighty warns in our present passage, "'Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!' says the LORD. Therefore thus says the LORD God of Israel against the shepherds who feed My people: 'You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings,' says the LORD" (Jeremiah 23:1f).
I. What are the marks of these false preachers? In essence, God says, "You have scattered My flock, driven them away, and not attended to them" (v.2). More particularly:
1. They worship a false god (v.13): "They prophesied by Baal" - even though they claim to speak for Jehovah.
2. They preach in the name of God the lying heresies of men (vv.25-27): "I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, 'I have dreamed, I have dreamed!' ... Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams [as opposed to God's revelation] which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal."
3. They speak peace to those who follow their lies (v.17): "They continually say to those who despise Me, 'The LORD has said, "You shall have peace"'; and to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart, they say, 'No evil shall come upon you.'"
4. They are abominable to God (vv.11, 14): "For both prophet and priest are profane; yes, in My house I have found their wickedness .... Also I have seen a horrible thing in the prophets of Jerusalem: They commit adultery [certainly spiritually, often physically] and walk in lies; they also strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns back from his wickedness. All of them are like Sodom to Me, and her inhabitants like Gomorrah."
II. What does God say about these false preachers? In essence, God says, "Behold, I will attend to you for the evil of your doings" (v.2). More particularly:
1. God has neither spoken to them nor sent them (v.21): "I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran. I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied."
2. God is against them (vv.30-32a): "Therefore behold, I am against the prophets ... who steal My words every one from his neighbor. Behold, I am against the prophets ... who use their tongues and say, 'He says.' Behold, I am against those who prophesy false dreams ... and tell them, and cause My people to err by their lies and by their recklessness."
3. God will not profit their ministries (v.32b): "Yet I did not send them or command them; therefore they shall not profit this people at all." THUS SAID JEHOVAH!
4. God will condemn them to everlasting punishment (vv.34, 39f): "And as for the prophet and the priest and the people who say [falsely], 'The oracle of the LORD!' I will even punish that man and his house [i.e., all his spiritual kin, all who share in his heresy]. ... therefore behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you and forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and will cast you out of My presence. And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten." "Therefore their way shall be to them like slippery ways; in the darkness they shall be driven on and fall in them; for I will bring disaster on them, the year of their punishment" (v.12). "Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall" (v.15a). "Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD has gone forth in fury - a violent whirlwind! It will fall violently on the head of the wicked. The anger of the LORD will not turn back until He has executed and performed the thoughts of His heart. In the latter days you will understand it perfectly" (vv.19f).
5. God forbids His people to heed them (v.16): "Thus says the LORD of hosts: 'Do not listen to the words of the [false] prophets who prophesy to you. They make you worthless; they speak a vision of their own heart, not from the mouth of the LORD.'" "'So when these people or the prophet or the priest ask you, saying, "What is the oracle of the LORD?" you shall then say to them, "What oracle?" I will even forsake you,' says the LORD. ... 'for you have perverted the words of the living God, the LORD of hosts, our God'" (vv.33, 36b).
III. What will God do despite false preachers?
1. God will gather all His elect (v.3): "But I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase." God has driven sinners from Himself because of their sins (Isaiah 59:2), but will gather His "remnant according to the election of grace" (Romans 11:5) through Christ (John 10:16).
2. God will provide His elect with faithful ministers (v.4): "I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking." Faithful shepherds feed God's flock by preaching to them Christ, who is all their sustenance (John 21:15-17). Faithful shepherds oversee God's flock in such as way as to drive fear and dismay from it (Acts 20:28f) and meet all its needs (Ephesians 4:11-16).
3. God will save His elect through Jesus Christ alone (vv.5f): "'Behold, the days are coming,' says the LORD, 'that I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; a King shall reign and prosper, and execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely; now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.'" Jehovah will not be frustrated by false preachers. Christ shall be victorious over all His foes, including false preachers telling lies in His name. Let us not heed those whom God reprobates. Let us resort to Christ's ministers.
Your servant for Jesus' sake, Daniel E. Parks (2 Corinthians 4:5)
Pastor, Redeemer Baptist Church
2801 Cleveland Boulevard, Louisville, KY 40206 / 502.899-9205
Monday, September 03, 2007
Darwin Fish Bumps Head - Accidentally Declares Himself to be a "Wolf"
LAKE HUGHES, CALIFORNIA
It was a week filled with trouble for Darwin Fish. The founder of "God's Word Fellowship" seen by many as a "cult," surrounded himself with problems last week after a fall that left him unconscious for several minutes. Fish is notorious for his controversial view that his church alone is the only known church in the world today (or ever that he knows of) that teaches the truth. Furthermore Fish continually engages in "exposing" and protesting mainstream Christian leaders both past and present as what he calls "Wolves in sheep's clothing." Such targets of his accusations include John MacArthur, Charles Spurgeon and "The Early Church Fathers."
But last week is a week that Fish would like to forget. During a weekly protest Fish lost his balance while stepping off of a curb hitting his head on the pavement. After lying unconscious for about three minutes Fish sat up and went in to what some describe as a "manic tirade."
"It was very bizarre." Said Elizabeth Carrol, an eye-witness. "I've seen Fish around a number of times with his signs and such. I always thought he was just a wacko. But this time he was jumping up and down and running in circles screaming out things about himself."
For approximately ten minutes Fish loudly anathematized himself, declaring "Darwin Fish is really a wolf in sheep's clothing! Don't listen to him! You can't be saved by following his ministry!"
Many of Fish's followers tried desperately to quiet him as he screamed accusations, flailed his arms and pointed at himself shouting, "Fish! Fish! He's the wolf!"
The strange display ended when one of Fish's followers threw a cup of cold water in his face. When told what he had just done, Fish embarrassedly ran and hid himself in his "Fishmobile" while his followers once again began shouting chants against John MacArthur.
Neither Fish nor any member of his church was available for comment this week following the incident, but the answering machine at the church's toll-free number stated that "Darwin Fish is not a wolf, but one of the few chosen who hate every false way."
The below is taken from the cults website.
Question: Can you name any other true believers/teachers in history (outside of the Bible) since the early church (100 AD) until now?
Answer by Darwin Fish:
Question Are you saying that you have to do more than just believe on Christ's death and resurrection to be saved?
Answer by Darwin Fish:
this is what one lady wrote about her son being caught up in the cult of Darwin Fish:
I have heard from the source...my son. He was snagged by this group, (he was only 19) and has since abandoned his wife and baby for the sake of "truth". Darwin Fish's truth, that is. Yes, I have been to this website, read everything on it, plus I've had the "privilege" to listen to a handful of tapes. This group has a mean, hateful attitude and I've heard from my son that they all are quite proud of that fact. During my research into this group, I've made contact with former members and some of their family. They all affirm the observations I've had. This group is extremely judgemental and seem to rejoice in the fact that one day they will get to see the unsaved burning in hell. They will be able to see their families in utter torture and they will laugh. This group serves a hate-filled god. Because man will treat others like the god they serve, they thrive on hateful attitudes and send most of the world to hell. Since my son joined this group, he has put everyone of his family, everyone of his friends, and everyone that knows anyone....in hell. It's so amazing to me that in this world, in this state, in this city...no one knows the truth except this group. My son practices what he calls being "cunning as a serpent". This is being deceitful without actually telling a lie. I've witnessed this vile behavior a few times; his wife didn't know when to believe him. Because his wife has refused to go with him to this group, he has been able to justify leaving her. She has been called by him and by other men in this group names like; evil, wicked, whore, hater of God, hater of truth...My son has informed me that one of many reasons why I'm going to hell is because I teach young children about God and the bible. He shoots scripture at you like bullets; he's getting better at that technique. Guess they give him alot of practice. I/we love our son very much. We realize he is being fooled and we know he truly desires to follow real truth. This isn't it. Let this serve as a warning to anyone who may come across this group. Do not try and engage them in a debate about God or His Word. They live for the "hunt and kill" and go back with joyous stories of the events. Another notch in their belts! They delight in the attention they receive when they wave their signs, inform people passing by that they are on the way to hell, when security tries to have them move and they can throw up the "free speach" mantra, when the police tell them to stay on the sidewalk... you get the picture. We are saddened by this situation but we know that God is doing His work and we can rest in His promise that NOthing can separate us from the love of God.
quotes from Darwin Fish:
Christianity today? They say they are Christians but they are not. It's the church of the Devil ("Revelation" 9/3/95).
I do not want to be identified with Christianity . . . I want to be identified as being outside of it . . . This next one really sets us apart. It makes me really wonder about the history of Christianity and what is going on today and what is taught. And I'll tell you if you speak against this subject you will be immediately considered a heretic . . . I'm talking about the Trinity . . . The Trinity is never used in the Bible ("For the Record"—part one 6/22/95).
They have placed us to be in error based on historical Christianity, the traditions of men . . . The word Trinity isn't even a Biblical term . . . I find it amazing how they cry heresy, heresy, when you say something about the Trinity when the word is not even found in Scripture . . . If you look in the commentaries you will note that many commentaries believe that the three Holies speak of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit . . . You may find it interesting to note that in the Greek majority text by Hodges and Farstad which depicts the Greek reading of the New Testament according to what is found in the majority of Greek manuscripts Revelation 4:8 has nine Holies . . . We've taken a stand that the church is really a farce . . . It's really a false church. It's really not the true church ("Outside the Camp" 7/27/95)
V. THE "TRINITY" FALLS SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.
This is a HOT one! The Bible NEVER uses this term, and typically how
this term is used today, it falls short of what is revealed in the Word of
God about who God is.
It is true that there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as
God, Matthew 28:19-20. It is true that God is plural in person hood,
Genesis 1:26-27; 11:7-8; Isaiah 48:16.
But, the word that "Christianity" (starting with the early church
fathers and the Catholics) has used to describe Him (i.e. the "Trinity")
falls short in what is revealed in the seven Spirits of God in Revelation.
Please see Revelation 1:4-5; 4:5; 5:6; & Zechariah 4:1-10. There are seven
spirits describing the Holy Spirit clearly portrayed in Scripture.
Typically, these seven are brushed aside by preachers today as the
seven-manifold manifestations of the Holy Spirit (read the commentaries on
the Revelation passages above). If we simply take the Bible for what it
says (take God at His word), we see that the Holy Spirit is described in
Revelation and Zechariah as seven. Just as there is only one God, yet we
have the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (plural in who He is). There is one
Spirit (Ephesians 4:4), yet in describing this one Holy Spirit the Bible
reveals Him to be seven (plural in who He is). This is definitely hard to
understand, but nonetheless this is what the Word reveals (Romans
11:33-36). More on this can be heard on the tapes, Jesus, 100% Man, 100%
God, and For The Record, Part 1.
and finally a good summary of Darwin's teaching and lifestyle:
Converts to Darwin's cult often become overtly hateful to relatives and friends who express any concerns. According to close family members, the young wife of one convert was told by several men in the cult that she was a "whore, stubborn and going to hell with her baby if she did not move to Fish's church. She did not move. [She] is a young, tiny, woman with a baby. Three or four, counting [her husband], went into her home and took all her furnishings and fridge, and food from fridge, took the firewood outside, and left this girl who has been married only one year with a baby. [She is now living] with her unworking Mom and disabled stepdad, who lives in a one-bedroom unit."
Most cultists typically borrow their errors from historic heresies like Pelagianism, Socinianism, Arianism, and Gnosticism. Darwin seems to be inventing his doctrinal anomalies on the fly. Having already denied the Trinity and remade God in the image of man, Darwin would seem to have no reason to stop reinventing "Christianity." After all, Darwin has already repudiated every preacher and theologian in the history of the church as a "false teacher." That means there are absolutely no doctrinal moorings in his system. Darwin's interpretation of Scripture is subject to no rule but his own whims. So it remains to be seen how far from orthodoxy he will travel.
In the meantime, it is not without significance that Darwin is spending his time trying to justify masturbation, attempting to build a case for polygamy, advocating harsh discipline of children, and continuing to condemn everyone who does not agree with him—while having little or nothing to say about Christ or the gospel. The Fish cult has attracted at least one convicted child molestor, two or more men who have abandoned their wives, and several other men who treat their wives like chattel. The men of the cult boast of their freedom to drink and smoke, while some of them are living in open disobedience to 1 Timothy 5:8. Wives and children are the most pathetic victims of this cult. It has become a fraternity for men who are worse than infidels (1 Timothy 5:8).